Amp Hours

16 Posts
Sep 27, 2008 08:33 am
Amp Hours

can a e27sdlG (MK) 98AH and a 12sc90 84ah  be hooked together to increase AH capacity or do all batteries have to be from same manufacture and smae amp hours?

27 Posts
Oct 1, 2008 05:04 pm
Re: Amp Hours

If they are both the same voltage they can be hooked together in series to double voltage or parallel to double amps hours.  For instance, if the batteries are both 12volts you can wire them in parallel and get a 182ah, 12volt system.

Brand of battery and amp hours does not matter - however battery type does matter.  If you were to charge an AGM and Wet cell (even if they were both 12volt) together you would have some big issues.
« Last Edit: Oct 1, 2008 05:06 pm by Michael Riewer »

220 Posts
Oct 1, 2008 09:24 pm

hi guys,

i just want to add my two cents on this thread. for the benefit of others who may be looking over these forums for information.

homepower ran a good article about this subject.

http://www.homepower.com/article/?file=HP122_pg14_ATE_5

this article gives some reasons why mixing different batteries is not such a hot idea. and especially a bad idea when trying to mix them in a series arrangement.

if it were me i would treat these two batteries as separate "banks" and not leave them connected to each other in a parallel configuration. and i would not consider any kind of series connection with this pair (the 27sdlg is a gel cell and the sc90 is a sealed cell) except in some kind of emergency.

incidentally there are ways to mix oddball batteries in a parallel configuration- and it can be done. but it involves hand picking a match after a whole lot of measuring and testing.

best of luck.

16 Posts
Oct 2, 2008 01:03 am

Thank you all, I will have to make it a point to get all of the same type of battery to make life a bit easier, thanks again.

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!