solar energy tax credit question

9 Posts
Nov 2, 2009 12:59 pm
solar energy tax credit question

To get tax credit from federal or local government, the equipments must come from one of the qualified manufacturer? if yes, how do I know if the manufacturer is on the list?

Can I build myself bying buy parts from multiple places to get the tax credit?

Can I buy imported equipment to get the tax credit?

thanks,

28 Posts
Nov 2, 2009 01:13 pm
Re: solar energy tax credit question

If you are building a grid tied solar electric system and want the federal tax credit, you need to have UL approved solar panels and a Grid Tied inverter that is UL 1471 approved. For state and local rebates you need to chekc with the inidvidual rules. Many utilities and states have specific approved grid tied inverters and many require you to have a design approved in advance or they will not pay a rebate.

Do note that there have been rumors of offshore solar electric equipment being listed UL rated equipment even though it hasnt been tested. UL does maintain a listing of products they have approved but I dont have a link handy.

It sounds like you already have a solar hot water system from your prior post, but if you want solar hot water rebates, the panels must be SRCC rated and has to be sized for a minimum of a certain percentage of your heating load. 

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!