Residential Solar and Fuel Cell Tax Credit (Federal)

52 Posts
Jun 28, 2007 03:36 pm
Residential Solar and Fuel Cell Tax Credit (Federal)

Based on what I understand there is a $2000 federal tax credit that can be applied when filing your federal income taxes for solar electric and hot waters systems that are placed in use within the given year. This credit was that it was due to expire at the end of 2007, but was renewed for another year. It’s now set to expirer again at the end of 2008. Have you personally be able to use this tax credit? Have you run into any problems trying to claim this tax credit? What can we do to extent the tax credit indefinitely?

14 Posts
Apr 27, 2009 12:58 pm
Re: Residential Solar and Fuel Cell Tax Credit (Federal)

Chris,

Old post I know, but I did claim and use the 20% credit last year AND the year before, for solar equipment.

And THIS year, the credit has gone to 30% with NO CAP like in the 2,000 buck one in the past....which is REALLY big deal, and the no cap feature means you don't have to spread your system out over several years if you don't want to like I did, partly because of the cap.

I've added more panels this year and will taking advantage of the 30% credit come tax filing time in 2010.

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!