RE General Discussion

Feel free to talk about anything and everything about renewable energy in this board. From reasons for using alternative energy to general questions on types of systems are right for your needs.

topics

Subject Started by Replies

Solar Panels for RV's

We are full time RVer's and as of yet have not boon docked much.  Who or where can I get info on how many panels etc w...
Clint Davis 1

What is energy?

What is energy? According to Physics theory, energy is defined as the amount of work that can be carried out by a force. Energy ...
Gina Roberts 17

How to run a small DC motor??????

Hi!  I'm a solar newbie; I want to run a small DC motor in my attic for ventilation.  The fan specs are:  12...
Joe Bullio 4

Solar Hot Water - Heat Exchangers

Do any of the retro fit heat exchangers push heat in to the existing tank continuously? By continuously I mean, via a c...
Keith Birchfield 2

All You Need to Know About Renewable Energy

Hey guys check out these links below they range from Creating your own Renewable Energy to Geothermal Heat Pumps.  All are ...
Mario Campobasso 1

new alternative energy event in Russia!

Hello everybody! My name is Elizaveta Kostikova. My company is organizing the First International Forum ENERGY FRESH 2009 (i...
Elizaveta Kostikova 0

I want to run a Servel gas/electric refridgerator off of solor power

Hi all I am new to all this. I have a hunting cabin that I run all lights, heat, stove , fridge off of propane. The fri...
Dan Nichols 2

Trying to Figure Out How to Get Started

Hi Alt E Forums, I've searched and called on solar consultants on and off over the last few months but get discour...
Andy Andy 13

Paint / Coat roof to reflect sun's energy?

My house has a shingle roof.  As you can imagine, they're black.  Black absorbs the sun's energy quite well, so in t...
Travis M 6

1KW or Smaller Grid Tied Windturbines?

I have been searching for a 1000watt or smaller turbine that can be grid tied. I know the DC ones can be used to charge battery ...
Ryan Crowell 1

Wheego Whip Electric Cars Come To The Rescue

I personally wouldn't count on the "Big Three" actually implementing any of these new technologies in the near fu...
Joeseph Connely 1

wvo/svo/ biodiesel generator

Please look at the wvo/svo/biodiesel generator demonstration: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BQzfrnlBEs&feature=channel
Georges Valme 0

Renewable Energy Blogs

Does anyone know of any good renewable energy blogs that discuss recent news events and such? I have found a few such as the fol...
Michael Leigh 2

biodiesel stove and wvo generator

Attached you will find the biodiesel stove prototype demonstration, next we will be working on the biodiesel barbecue. ...
Georges Valme 0

Chinese Solar panels

I have an opportunity to purchase 180watt, 24 volt, UL approved Monocrystalline Solar Panels made in China for $4 a watt includi...
Paul St.pierre 2

off to on grid

Hi, It seems that a person starting out should build an off grid system and then keep adding more panels until there is enou...
Tony Butterfield 13

Widow Films?

Have many large windows.Cant afford to replace but would at least try to reduce radiant heat before summer! I have found no free...
David O 3

require info about solar panels...

what size solar panel would be required to run a 12V, 1.5 gallon per hour running electric water pump...? how much would the pan...
Vinayak Iyer 3

MPPT based charger options needed

I would like to know what are the options I have for a MPPT based charger for a PV of 12V (this is fixed) and 80W (this is flexi...
Jaya l 1

How can the performance of a solar panel array be tracked?

Does anyone have ideas on how to track solar panel performance over time? One way to track performance is to record the...
Jeff Fedison 0

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!