solar electric fencing??

1 Posts
Apr 16, 2004 03:03 pm
solar electric fencing??

Hi...I've recently opened an "earth friendly" garden center in Northern Wisconsin and I intend to use a solar electric fencing system to keep the varmints away from the nursery area.  

There is a fellow up here who is successfully "taking folks off the grid" at a very rapit rate...but he hasn't been able to connect with any vendors who can find me a solar powered fencer. (next project is a solar pumping system from the lake...that should be easier)

Any help is appreciated.....love and peace..lynnann

Apr 19, 2004 05:01 am
VDC electric fence's

LAST EDITED ON Apr-19-04 AT 07:58 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON Apr-19-04 AT 07:52 PM (EST)

Having a computor with internet access I am sure you have allready searched using the keywords -electric fence- but just in case you havent http://www.electric-fence.com/shop/index.asp just to name one. It seems unusual that this would be a hard item to locate because VDC fence enegizers are a common item. All thats really needed is; batteries, a wheather tight box, possibly a charge controller, and a PV module or array to recharge the batteries. A major concern would be to keep the batteries from freezing. The site above doesnt list "solar" in its home page contents but if you click on "energiezers and chargers" in the contents it will take you to solar and 12 vdc items.

10 Posts
Jul 31, 2004 07:09 pm
Re: solar electric fencing??

If you're using solar and a battery bank, how about a simple inverter hooked to a standard fencer?  The fencers don't use all that much power, are readily available, and small inverters of 300W or less are available at any truck stop or Alternative energy store.

20 Posts
Jul 31, 2004 09:34 pm
Re: solar electric fencing??

I have seen them at Fleet Farm, they come with a small solar panel and a 12v battery.  You could make this up yourself.  Some fencers are 12v based, so you could power them off any 12v battery and a small panel and charge controller.   This might be added to an existing system or your future pump system.

Brock  (from Green Bay)

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!