Sun Angle Calculator Program

4 Posts
Aug 27, 2012 11:36 am
Sun Angle Calculator Program

Hello from a new solar power convert. My wife, Louise, and I are in the process of installing 4KW of PV panels and an 8KW Outback Radian inverter for backup and emergency use. We're not planning to go off-grid at this time.

During the planning phase, I wrote a little program to calculate and display hourly sun position and PV production. This program proved to be very helpful, so I'm making it freely available to all. The Sun Angle Calculator (SAC) has these features:

* User-specified latitude, local horizon, and PV characteristics (number of panels, watts per panel, azimuth, tilt).

* Graphs hourly sun position relative to a local horizon on a specified month and day.

* Calculates hourly sun position and PV output power position relative to the local horizon on a specified day over 12 months, and produces a detailed report.

* Derates available PV power when the sun is shining through leafless trees or is obscured completely by leaves.

* Calculates the optimum PV azimuth and tilt for one month or for all 12 months.

* Northern hemisphere only.

You can learn more about SAC, see a screen shot, read the 16-page PDF user manual, and download the ZIP file on our family website <http://house.mdodd.com/update_solar.html#SAC>. The program is free for all to use.

I hope folks find this software useful. Comments are welcome.

1 Posts
Mar 19, 2014 10:04 pm
Re: Sun Angle Calculator Program

Pretty much informative but then again, some do not apply to most cases

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!