Sol-R-Beam Water Heater

3 Posts
Aug 3, 2009 01:37 pm
Sol-R-Beam Water Heater

Help! We are looking to repair a Sol-R-Beam water heater that was installed in 1985. It looks like a pretty straight forwartd repair but we do need to knoe the type of anti-freeze that was used and how much the system should be presurized. The owner of the system said that the indicator said 30 pounds for years.

Any help will be appreciated.

Rick Tuttle
One Planet Solar
812-235-1380
oneplanetsolar @ hotmail.com
« Last Edit: Aug 3, 2009 03:15 pm by Richard Tuttle »

462 Posts
Aug 6, 2009 12:09 pm
Re: Sol-R-Beam Water Heater

Richard, I usually use a non-toxic antifreeze that is available at most any plumbing supply companies. Any pressure between 10-30 lbs is acceptable. If you have an expansion tank in line, check it's rating. They are usually 15 or 30 lbs, so keep the system within it's rating and allow for pressure increase during hot days.

3 Posts
Aug 6, 2009 12:58 pm

Thanks.

If you are familiar with the Sol-R-Beam can you help me with the sensor. The literature I have calls it a Tracker Eye Assembly, 2 Vactec VT235 type photocells. I can't find anything on the web about them. Also, where is the fill valve for the anti-freeze?
« Last Edit: Aug 6, 2009 01:20 pm by Richard Tuttle »

462 Posts
Aug 6, 2009 03:31 pm

Richard, try searching for a photosensor. you may find an equivalent one online.
 As far as fill valves go, thet should be somewhere along the piping heading up to the collecors. There should be a circulator pump on the same line. The fill valves should have a hose thread adapter in most cases and most times is just a boiler drain. There should be two of them, one to fill and one to purge.

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!