Whisper Vs. Bergy, et. al...

22 Posts
Oct 6, 2006 10:22 pm
Whisper Vs. Bergy, et. al...

Good evening, everyone!  Chris here, hoping to tap into the vast resource of knowledge that frequents this board.  I have two Whisper 100's, and am considering adding at least two more windmills.  The question is, what is your collective opinion as to the manufacturers out there?  I'm reasonably happy with the whisper, with one exception (which I'll address shortly...), but I would not mind choosing another manufacturer, to enable "in-the-field comparisons.  Have you any opinions on other brands?

As for the Whispers I currently have, they are rated at 1000 watts.  They have built-in auto furling.  Would one not expect, when they are furled in reasonably heavy winds, to find them crankin' out the rated wattage/amperage?  Mine are hooked to 24V banks, each in excess of 1000 amp/hrs.  However, I never see them cranking out more than about 24 amps...  and this when they are furled, which would indicate max output.  Suggestions? 

Thanks, and a fine, cozy evening to all!

J. Chris Cloud
Exumas, Bahamas

22 Posts
Oct 6, 2006 10:23 pm
Re: Whisper Vs. Bergy, et. al...

ps-- I'd like, for aestethic reasons, to keep the units in the 1000-1500 watt range.  Can't have a honkin' huge 10kW unit monopolizing the island... Tongue

27 Posts
Oct 8, 2006 02:05 pm
Re: Whisper Vs. Bergy, et. al...

Hi Chris,
  I've actually toured Bergy Windpower's manufacturing facility and find these guys build top notch turbines, very ruggedly built.  I think you should definitely check out the Bergy XL.1. -----Ben

The Alternative Energy Store
"Making Renewable Do-able"
http://www.AltEnergyStore.com/

Tel: 877.878.4060 x101  or +1.978.562.5858 x101
Fax: 877.242.6718  or +1.978.562.5854

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!