What voltage is 100% SOC for an AGM battery?

7 Posts
Nov 14, 2010 12:09 am
What voltage is 100% SOC for an AGM battery?

While wet cells are stated to have 100% SOC at 12.7v, it is much harder to determine what 100% SOC is for an AGM battery.  The few references I have located are split on the issues...some say 12.8v others say 12.85v and still others state 12.9v is required to have 100% SOC.

I am specifically intereted in what voltage is 100% SOC for a Trojan 100AH 12v AGM battery.

Thank you!

46 Posts
Nov 14, 2010 01:30 pm
Re: What voltage is 100% SOC for an AGM battery?

trent, try battery university (batteryuniversity.com). between them and the trojan website you should be able to figure it out. best as i can figure out you should still be sitting between 12.65 and like 12.8.
do us a favor and post any more specific answers you find. i am curious as well.
best of luck, -m

46 Posts
Nov 14, 2010 01:55 pm

just found on the trojan website 12.73v is what they consider 100% soc or a specific gravity 1.277. of course, if you are measuring specific gravity, then i guess that you probably measuring flooded batteries right?
oh well, the quest continues.

7 Posts
Nov 14, 2010 03:44 pm

Yes...that is the voltage for wet cell, not AGM.

46 Posts
Nov 15, 2010 07:40 pm

ok, found a great site. what is being said makes sense as well.  http://www.windsun.com/Batteries/Battery_FAQ.htm#Battery Voltages
they have a nice little lesson on batteries. they say that lead acid is lead acid, sealed, gel, or flooded. full is full.
the only restrictions are as per charging. flooded like a little overcharge now and then (to mix electrolite as well as to bring multipule cells all to the same level of charge) but gel/sealed dont like much overcharge or to be charged to quickly.
happy reading, -m

7 Posts
Nov 16, 2010 12:11 am

Well, concord says that sunxtenders are full at 12.8

I found a site in Australia that says wet are full at 12.72, AGM are full at 12.8+ and gel are full at 12.85+

Like I said...clear as mud...but it does appear that perhaps 12.8 is full for AGM...

39 Posts
Jan 23, 2011 03:42 am

Here's a really helpful link from the company that manufactured the batteries I'm using (Haze AGM).  They seem to be going by the 12.7V rule, treating AGM the same as other lead-acid batteries. http://www.windsun.com/Batteries/Battery_FAQ.htm#Battery%20Voltages

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!