The law and electricity

Jun 16, 2003 04:09 am
The law and electricity

Speaking with someone the other day the subject came up that I live off grid. Off grid? he inquired. I simplfied this too not having a line from the local power and light company attached to my home and subsequently no monthly electric bill. Upon hearing this his reply was, "isn't that against the law?"  So is this what it has come to? There are people out there who are affraid of being punished by the US government simply because they do not purchase there electricity from a corporation? What other fears are there that some folks have? It would seem to me that with all of the wonderful things that corporations advertise they do for mankind the one thing that none of them advertise is how not to become dependent on them or there product. Does progress for mankind mean that as time goes by more and more of the daily aspects of our lives will no longer be of a natural order but of a manmade order? I wonder what the price tag on that will read. Who will we pay?

1 Posts
Jun 20, 2003 03:54 pm
Re: The law and electricity

>> So is this what it
>has come to? There are people
>out there who are affraid of
>being punished by the US government
>simply because they do not purchase
>there electricity from a corporation? What
>other fears are there that some
>folks have? It would seem to
>me that with all of the
>wonderful things that corporations advertise they
>do for mankind the one thing
>that none of them advertise is
>how not to become dependent on
>them or there product.

I believe the real problem lies with government.  Big government would like us all to become more reliant on, and fearful of, them!  

10 Posts
Jul 14, 2004 07:44 pm
Corporate fears

Not yet paranoid enough.  But you're getting the idea.

462 Posts
Jul 15, 2004 09:37 am
Re: The law and electricity

Thomas, it's not with the government per se, supposedly the people are the government, so it is people who are to blame. Education is the real key. Ignorance is bliss? This is why those who run the government keep us in the dark, on many issues,(it was funny when bush didn't know what a CNC machine was and was joking about it the other week), though the option to see the light is there. We can educate ourselves and learn what they are doing to us or else fall prey to them. A good example is the FDA, especially pharmacuticles, people wait until they approve what we intake, only then do the people ingest. Then time down the road, we are told it is no good and then have to fix ourselves with what they come up with next, not realizing that this too is not what it claims to be. So solar is something we have to do ourselves, and monies wasted on trying to convince those in the gov. otherwise could be used to grow the solar economy by manufacturing and installing and lowering pricing......with out their okay...since it is already legal.....

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!