Renewable sector jobs

5 Posts
Aug 29, 2007 06:31 am
Renewable sector jobs

I have been posting Renewable energy jobs in my forum.
I have a question that you guys can help me with.
Would you search for a job primarily for location or Wage rate.
Coming from England everything is rather close so i was wondering in bigger countries if location was the biggest factor.

Grant Rowe
Editor
World of Renewables
www.worldofrenewables.com

1 Posts
Aug 29, 2007 05:59 pm
Re: Renewable sector jobs

Grant,
In the USA, location is more important for several reasons.  Our transportation system is limited and mostly automobile oriented.  Cost of living varies a lot from place to place.  Being from the rural south, I would feel out of place in what we refer to as the Northeast corridor – wall to wall humanity from Washington DC to Boston.
Hope this helps.

Jim

20 Posts
Aug 30, 2007 02:37 pm
Re: Renewable sector jobs

Hi Grant,
I'm from Europe too, and now live in the Pacific NorthWest (Oregon/Washington).  I find that in general, people in the US are much more mobile than in Europe.  Some people will go to the end of the world to get their dream job.  Some people move to an area they like, and then look for jobs, instead of the other way around.   People from the East coast and South are in general less mobile than those from the West.  And then, there is the matter of finding a job for a spouse/partner, so size of town will be a criteria.
So like with any other marketing topic, you'll find anything, it's a matter of how many % will prefer one way or another.   Try to make both criteria easily viewable/searchable.
Sorry if I muddled the issue further.
Cheers,

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!