Go Power Brand Inverters

26 Posts
Jan 24, 2007 01:02 pm
Go Power Brand Inverters

I am considering a move 'up' to sine wave inverter power after almost 20 years on 'modified' sine wave. The Go Power inverters seem very economical and have a nice, long warrenty. But I have heard little about them. Any experiences with them in actual use? Do they hold up? Perform up to spec?

578 Posts
Jan 24, 2007 05:11 pm
Re: Go Power Brand Inverters

I have not had any personal experience with these, however, I am only aware of one return in the 1.5 years I have been here.  That fellow over surged it with power tools.  do you need a built in charger?

If not, something from go power or samlex would be okay.  usually they have duplex outlets on the front.  if you want a hardwire unit, you will probably have to step up a price level.

If yes then a xantrex prosine or magnum would be the next step up.  exeltech makes awesome sine wave inverters but they are pricey.

for what it is worth, we have an invertek inverter on closeout that might interest you.

james - Alt-E staff

AltE
"Making Renewable Do-able"
http://www.altEstore.com/

Tel: 877.878.4060 x107  or +1.978.562.5858 x107
Fax: 877.242.6718  or +1.978.562.5854

26 Posts
Jan 26, 2007 03:33 pm

Isn't GoPower protected from over-surge??

My thinking is to use the battery charger that is built into my DR series Trace inverter for those rare times I run a generator, recognizing that I would have to turn it on for that function (and make sure it 'hooked in' and that the sine wave inverter was *not*).

I am not committed to hard wire, but would prefer that...but also would have to wait longer to afford the 'next step up.'

Prosine and exeltech are on the possible list. But the 1kw and 1100 watt rated ones are really close to the 10 amp rating on our biggest regualar load, a vacuum cleaner.

462 Posts
Jan 29, 2007 04:25 pm

Jim, take into consideration what you will be using the inverter with. Sine wave inverters are great for those loads that require such "clean" power, such as electronics and such. If you are just running lights and other less sensitive equipment, then you should be all set with a modified sine wave inverter.

26 Posts
Jan 30, 2007 07:59 am

I am considering this upgrade after many years (18) of running all AC loads on modified waveform. But with  new electronics becoming more...um...complex I am thinking it is time to go with a pure wave form. Frankly, I would like to quit wondering whether the next thing I plug in will be incompatible...Also, I grow weary of the telephone and stereo buzzing (sometimes subtle, other times not) that I have put up with all these years.

We do run computers and have had no problems, and even power tool battery chargers that used to be probematic seem ok now with modified sine. Motors seem to run hot...like the vacuum cleaner and others, but not *too* bad...

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!