3 Things you should know when Looking at Solar Water Heating

1 Posts
Nov 18, 2008 03:47 am
3 Things you should know when Looking at Solar Water Heating

The advancement in solar thermal heating has resulted in cost effective solar heaters that are almost 94% efficient. This has caused new applications such as solar hot tub heating and much more cost effective hot water heating systems for both pools and homes. Soar Thermal Heating systems compared to Solar Photo Voltiac, are nearly 500% more efficient. As an example the most efficient PV system on the market is only about 16% and cost per Kw is nearly double that of solar thermal.

When looking at solar water heating for pools or spas you should consider the following 3 topics before you make your solar investment:

1. Open Loop or Closed Loop solar system
   2. Control valve to shut off solar system at night
   3. Location Location Location of solar collectors

Here is a link that might be useful: solar heat information

19 Posts
Nov 21, 2008 01:03 pm
Re: 3 Things you should know when Looking at Solar Water Heating

Avenir Jim---

Yea! Someone standing up for solar thermal! (Not that anyone here disses it, of course!)

For homeowners and others considering renewable energy systems, solar thermal offers a less expensive buy-in than PV, as well as greater efficiency (and generally faster payback).

May I humbly suggest my own webinars on the subjects of solar water heating and air heating:

http://store.altenergystore.com/Books-Classes-Webinars/Webinars/c1138/

Solar thermal rocks!

~Ben
AltE

220 Posts
Nov 23, 2008 01:13 pm
Re: 3 Things you should know when Looking at Solar Water Heating

mr. jim

i looked at your link and ended up at a "clean" coal site?
i like to check out the links provided by the community- sometimes they are interesting, educational or amusing. did i miss something there?

best regards

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!