Is it posible to change the wiring of a module from 24 Volts to 12. By Nathan

2 Posts
Jul 6, 2008 10:22 pm
Is it posible to change the wiring of a module from 24 Volts to 12. By Nathan

I Bought a Shell Solar Module 150 Watt 43.4 Volts Open Circuit Voltage 34.0 V Rated V. on the instruction booklet it explains how to change the wiring from a 12 V Module to 6 Volts, It has 4 screws 1,2,3,4 number's 1 and 4 on meter reads 34. V.  With jumper on 2 and 3; numbers 1 and 4 reads 24 V. with jumper on 1 and 3, 2 and 4 reads 9.05 V and Jumpers on 1,2. 3, 4. The meter reads 11.73 Volts; but it is very cloudy right now. Thanks very much... 10 of these were purchased a few years ago from Alternative Energy Store. I would like to use these at 12 Volts instead of 24 V.

578 Posts
Jul 7, 2008 11:25 am
Re: Is it posible to change the wiring of a module from 24 Volts to 12. By Natha

if the manual does not detail how to configure for 12v nominal operation, just get an mppt controller like mx 60, mppt 60, flexmax 80, apollo t-80.

five in parallel at 24v can be downconverted to 12v battery bank on one of those controllers.

james
Alt-E staff

AltE
"Making Renewable Do-able"
http://www.altEstore.com/

Tel: 877.878.4060 x107  or +1.978.562.5858 x107
Fax: 877.242.6718  or +1.978.562.5854

2 Posts
Jul 8, 2008 01:21 am
Re: Is it posible to change the wiring of a module from 24 Volts to 12. By Nathan

Thanks James this is Nathan again I appreciate your input but I figured it out. The instructions explain how to change from 12 V to 6, It even shows a pin in the center where the middle diode goes in this case it is the same and comes with the pin and it reads on open circuit Voltage 24.8 Volts, but when working even on the slightest load it reads 13.8 Volts or even 14 Volts.   
Thanks much any way...

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!