Environmentalism Causes Suffering!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Posts
Sep 12, 2008 05:30 pm
Environmentalism Causes Suffering!!!!!!!!!!!!

As long as the earth is still around, there will be more and more of the worst kinds of suffering. Environmentalism prolongs the existence of the life on earth which means it's causing more suffering. The more life continues to exist in the world, the more some of that life will suffer. People will continued to be tortured in various countries without a way of escaping. They won't be able to committ suicide to get away from their pain. Environmentalism continues the suffering of animals as well.
« Last Edit: Sep 12, 2008 08:24 pm by Tara Johnson »

220 Posts
Sep 12, 2008 08:30 pm
Re: Environmentalism Causes Suffering!!!!!!!!!!!!

tara,

surely you can't mean that the world would be a better place simply by not being here? i am painfully aware that there is terrible suffering in the world. but there is also an abundance of joy and beauty as well. is there not? have you not felt the happiness of a child's laughter or happen upon a batch of wild flowers in bloom a involuntarily smiled to yourself. perhaps you are going through a rough time in your life but this to shall pass.
  please! if these feelings of suffering and dread seem overwhelming i ask you to call your minister, a close trusted friend or call (1.800.273.talk) there is help to get through these feelings. people care. you can find joy in the world if you look for and expect it.

wishing you only happiness.

Sep 13, 2008 06:11 am
Re: Environmentalism Causes Suffering!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tara, that sounds like a traditional Irish, or Gaelic name. I have never been to Ireland but what pictures I've seen tell me it must be a beautiful country.

Well Tara, it also sounds like you could use a diversion.
I want to help. I am new at this so please forgive me if do something wrong. My intentions are sincere.

"As long as the earth is still around, there will be more and more of the worst kinds of suffering."
Well that pretty much goes without saying. One of those self evident truths.

"Environmentalism prolongs the existence of the life on earth which means it's causing more suffering."
I would disagree, environmentalists and their efforts are a mere "drop in the bucket" when compared to the amount of damage done by industry and commerce. A large portion of, if not the most damage was done to Earth, by mankind, before *environmentalistic values appeared. (*is that even a word?)

"The more life continues to exist in the world, the more some of that life will suffer."
Another self evident truth.

"People will continued to be tortured in various countries without a way of escaping."
Unfortunately, your right. If there is one thing that humans have mastered over thousands of years, its how to make one another suffer. I believe it has something to do with free will and self rule.

"They won't be able to committ suicide to get away from their pain."
Whom would "they" be, exactly? How would you help them, if you could?

"Environmentalism continues the suffering of animals as well."
If you believe it. The time of mankinds self rule, will be coming to an end soon, God and his son Jesus Christ will rule over mankind. Revelations. The "anti-Christ" will try, in vain, to stop this from happening.

I sometimes feel the way you do right now. If I may offer something? What helps me get through those times is to think about myself as being in the center of a microcosm and a macrocosm that spreads inward and outward in all directions in all time.
 Imagine being the smallest part of something way larger than we could every imagine while at the sametime being the largest part something way smaller than we could every imagine.
 What is in the mote of our eyes is in the mote of Gods eye and so on. As vast as we seem to think our universe is, there are countless universes inside of us and in all things around us.
If mankind could invent a telescope powerful enough to pierce through the veil of darkness at the ends of our universe and see whats "outside," what do you suppose we would be?
We could be anything.
What would you like us to be Tara?

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!