Due to a shortage of raw materials...

Aug 19, 2008 05:22 am
Due to a shortage of raw materials...

Remember that headline?
It would seem that not everybody is, as equally affected by this, "shortage" as we "end user."
How do like this headline?
http://media.cleantech.com/3238/solar-boom-kicks-salaries-higher
$170,000 to $400,000 a year! To do what exactly? George W. Bush is payed $400.000 a year to be the president of the USA. What in the world could these PV executives possibly be doing to be worth that? Generally speaking, aren't these executive types the same ones who "dropped the ball" and caused that "shortage of raw materials" which in turn caused PV module prices to increase at a time when that price should have been decreasing?

Maybe its just me, but there is something demeaning about that phrase, "end user." I personally don't care to much for "consumer" either. Its as if I am being placed at the bottom. The lowest of the low, unworthy.
I would think that these corporate leaders would use their talents to come up with something better for us. But, then again, why should they care about what we think? We are nothing but numbers to the lot of them, a "bottomline."
There is something familiar about all of this, I just can't seem to put my finger on it... Oh yeah! Its just like any other industry out there!

Slavery without chains? With any luck, future generations will be writting stories about us. Much like the ones we tell today about certain ancient civilisation. We today, call the Hebrews of ancient Egypt, "slaves," but how do we really know that? Wasn't that just the normal way things where done in their time.

I expected more from the PV industry. Didn't you?

76 Posts
Aug 20, 2008 01:49 pm
Re: Due to a shortage of raw materials...

I might have expected more, but they are for-profit corporations, right?  I didn't like the overpriced piece of garbage engine mount inserts that were available for my car, so I started my own business, making dual-durometer fiber-reinforced polyurethane engine mounts.

If anyone thinks the cost of solar is too high, I'd get started making your own.  There's plenty of sand for everyone.

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!