Advice please for what i need

2 Posts
Dec 24, 2004 11:27 am
Advice please for what i need

we are just about to move off the grid. we have never used solar PV before. i have read a lot, but i think some of you are smart enough to tell me in easy terms what will work for what we need. for the immediate future, we will need something that can run our PC for 2-4 hours per day, maybe 60-80 watts of compact flouro's for 4-5 hours per day, a small radio for a few hours a day(we can use rechargeable batts for this), maybe the TV and vcr occasionally...and that is really about all the power we use. maybe the juicer once in a while. maybe our water pump for the well. what is the smallest purchase i can get away with in the beginning? i can add things month to month, but what is the initial that will work? i have a great sunny lcal where our dweeling is to be---also how far from the house can the panels be? i can put them on the roof if needed. thanks in advance for any advice. our e-mail is rabbitseffort @ yahoo.com and if you want to take a look at the eco-village project we have going visit our website www.co-operativeeffort.com

Dec 25, 2004 10:20 pm
Re: Advice please for what i need

I have often wonder what life must have really been like 7,000 years ago. We all know that humans lived on the Earth back then and that they had a higher reasoning. Afterall, that is about the time that written history started.
In fact one could say that, the fact we still inhabit the planet Earth this day is testimony to the fact that we do not need the technologies we have today to survive on this planet.
Dont get me wrong, I am not against these technologies. I dont "see" any arborant evil creatures there. What I do see is humans that have unlocked a myriad of secret powers from this planet but instead of keeping these secrect powers put away for careful study to be sure that they will not become harbingers of death, Humans have unleashed these power with blind abandon. All in the name of profits from commerce.

Imagine that, what and where we are in this seemingly endless universe is in the exact same instant a larger part of something much smaller than us and a smaller part of something much larger. To illustrate - an elderly person feeling tired, having low energy and sleeping more than usual goes to see a healer and after the exam and tests is told by the healer they have a low blood iron count and to take an iron supplement. The person promptly does this. Now shift your focus out towards space, see it there, a meteor nearly 5 miles accross. Hurling through space at thousands of miles per hour towards a planet. A meteor made of solid iron.
Who amoung us really knows of the vastness between microscopy and macroscopy? If you had a choice, would you rather be a natural healthy part of this continuum or a polluted, toxic, and depleted part of this continuum, Inward or outward?
http://www.crystalinks.com/kabala.html
Or we could go about life the way we have always done it. Commerce is to a vast majority of humans today, what making bricks of straw and mud was to Ancient Hebrews.
http://asis.com/~stag/heroes/slaves.html
I dont know that any of this is what you need, but it is something to think about.
God bless you all and Merry Christmas.com  

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!