pond

1 Posts
Feb 21, 2001 11:23 am
pond

I have a one acre pond, 12-15 ft. deep, and would like aerate it with solar power, also have a stream with in 50 ft. would like to pump water from. No knowledge of how to set it up. Need all the help I can get.  Thank You, Joe

2 Posts
Feb 28, 2001 12:47 pm
Re: pond

>I have a one acre pond, 12-15
>ft. deep, and would like aerate
>it with solar power, also have
>a stream with in 50 ft.
>would like to pump water from.
>No knowledge of how to set
>it up. Need all the help
>I can get.  Thank You,
>Joe

Joe,
 I'm looking for something similar... I have a remote pond that I'd like to put a fountain on.  I've checked out the cost of AC and AC fountains are readily available, but I'm looking for a DC fountain.  Anyone know what specifications on a pump could be used for a fountain?

regarding your stream question, I know you can get a DC pump to move the water from the stream, and depending on your needs, it can run in the daylight directly off of the PV panels.  

Feb 28, 2001 11:45 pm

If you do not need to move very much water from the stream you can use one of the Dankoff Solar Slowpumps. The model 2507 will pump up to 4 GPM using a single 75 watt solar panel and there are smaller models of the Slowpump that will pump less with a smaller solar panel. In some case just pumping water in to the pond will aerate it adequately but it depends on how large it is and what the aeration is for.

4 Posts
Jul 6, 2001 12:22 pm

Andy,
    Just saw your message, so I am a bit late but check out this site for solar powered water pumps,http://www.divwatt.co.za/.Hope this helps.
Email me and let me know what you did. I have been entertaining this idea of aerating my lake also. Tom H.

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!