Wind Intertie System

1 Posts
Mar 29, 2001 07:49 pm
Wind Intertie System

Can anyone give me info for setting up a Utility Intertie system using wind without batteries, do you know where I can buy an inverter for such a system, thanks Don, email =  rftest @ earthlink.net

Mar 29, 2001 11:42 pm
Re: Wind Intertie System

As far as I know the only new wind system available with a utility intertie inverter and no batteries is a 10 kW Bergey Excel system and the Jacobs 20 kW from Wind Turbine Industries. Of course there are also larger turbines than this that will interface directly with the utility grid but these two are the only ones that are considered residential. There are also some used turbines still around that will tie directly into the grid like the Enertech & the some 10 kW Jacobs. These are harder to find and are best installed by folks who like to tinker since they will require maintenance.

4 Posts
May 9, 2001 11:16 am

>I believe bergey either sells one now, or is getting ready to sell one in the very near future that is grid interactive.  If I am not mistaken I think it will be along their XL-1 line of turbines.

1 Posts
Oct 1, 2001 02:38 pm

>Can anyone give me info for setting
>up a Utility Intertie system using
>wind without batteries, do you know
>where I can buy an inverter
>for such a system, thanks Don,
>email =  rftest @ earthlink.net

I am in calif. and just installed a bergy 10kw grid intertie wind mill. So far so good. The key elements to succes are a
1. net metering law in your state.
2. Height up to 120ft if possible, the county here is keeping me at 60ft and it is really hurting production
3. Money, around 30k installed, the state of calif. paid half
4. The most important thing, a wind resource! with only a 10mph avg wind u will need a 120ft tower to get 1000+ kwh a month, but a 13mph avg wind would get u about 2000kwh a month.
The gridintertie is the way to go if u have the grid available.Brek

1 Posts
Mar 18, 2002 09:27 am

Both Xantrex (formerly Trace Inverters) and Applied Power have power controllers for grid intertie.  Even if you only install a windmill big enough to cover your peak load you will be able to negate your power bill and have a little to go to the grid.  Net metering is cool, but is limited in some states to under 25kwh.  If you have a fairly constant windspeed, you can use a 3-phase syncronous motor and drive it to speed so that you are pumpin' out 60 hertz and use a governor to keep it there. I'm sure that either company mentioned above has what you need.  

Peace on Earth,
Diane

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!