Off-Grid Solar Energy Storage Batteries

2 Posts
Jun 24, 2011 09:13 am
Off-Grid Solar Energy Storage Batteries

Our company has HUNDREDS of tested, Certified, sealed lead acid (SLA) absorbed glass mat (AGM) OFF-GRID SOLAR ENERGY STORAGE BATTERIES for sale.

Every high-quality, pre-owned battery we sell undergoes an extensive inspection and receives a full, reliable charge and is comparable to a new battery in every way but price—we sell these certified batteries more than 60% off the normal price.

If you have a Solar PV system and are looking for a low-cost energy storage system, this is the best solution on the market.  75AH to 145AH batteries are in stock, but supplies are limited! Retail and wholesale pricing is available. Call today for a quote!

We're a real, brick-and-mortar company based in Ridgefield, NJ. New batteries are also available. Email at alatham @ nj.rr.com, or call 201-969-3456 for additional details.

99 Posts
Jun 30, 2011 02:14 pm
Re: Off-Grid Solar Energy Storage Batteries

You say comparable to new, but batteries have a rated number of charge/discharge cycles, so they ought to be pro-rated according to just how "used" they are, which ought to be transparent.

2 Posts
Jul 1, 2011 11:16 am

Hi and thank you for your response. These batteries come from the “Critical Power” world, which means battery backup for  large scale data center UPS’s. That means that most of the time these batteries live in a pampered, climate-controlled environment, and unless there is a power failure these batteries never get to cycle. Basically these batteries sit in a nice steel cabinet and are intermittently float charged (at very low amperages) by a very sophisticated charge maintenance technology.

We get these batteries back, and by using proprietary testing protocol we can “rate” a battery and determine a “state of comparison” to a brand-new control group, battery. Not all batteries test as new and only the perfect ones are chosen and  using a proprietary technology they are cycled to insure full amperage capacity. As to your statement of a rated number of charge / discharge cycles being the determining factor of a batteries life, this statement is actually not correct. Many factors such as rate of discharge, violating the safe levels of depth of discharge, vibration, temperature and the brutality of most battery charges have more to do with a batteries life capacity then age or cycles.

I think that it is safe to assume that unless you are “specifically trained” around battery science, charge / discharge cycles are a somewhat safe method of determining capacity. Remember that the batteries we are selling are swapped out of the data centers based on time and not usage. In the world of critical power there cannot be any margin of error, so depending on the level of “critical” some of these batteries are only two years old.

I hope this will be of help to you and I appereciate your question as it is a very important one and I hope my answer helps others with their choices.

99 Posts
Jul 1, 2011 04:07 pm

Do you have a website?

4 Posts
Dec 9, 2011 09:59 pm

Hello do you still have some AGM for sale
Thanks George

4 Posts
Dec 14, 2011 06:49 pm

Hello
do you have any 145 ah  agm battires still for sale i would like 8
thanks George
georgekennedy @ xplornet.com

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!