Green Computing Tips

13 Posts
Dec 14, 2010 05:34 am
Green Computing Tips

Green computing ensures that computer resources are efficiently used by controlling power consumption as well as manufacturing computers that are recyclable and use fewer hazardous materials. You too could contribute to Green Computing!
Recycling of electronic gadgets is the most challenging task now.
So,How to contribute to Green Computing?
    * One way to support green computing is by using CPU’s, servers, and peripherals that consume less energy.
    * We could also ensure that the CPU and energy intensive peripherals are powered-down when not in use for a long time.
    * The computer should be turned off at night ensuring that energy utilization is reduced.
    * On weekends, when we are away from the desk, we should ensure that the computer is not left running.
    * Another way to go green is by using dark backgrounds for the screen display as they consume less power.

I found below stuff which guides you on green computing and energy saving.
« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2011 12:05 pm by Sascha Deri »

3 Posts
Jun 2, 2015 03:58 am
Re: Green Computing Tips

Wow. These are great tips. My family and I have been observing the first 4 tips you provided. I didn't know that dark backgrounds for the screen would help conserve energy. I guess we'll have to change the background of our computer now.

2 Posts
Jun 29, 2015 07:30 am
Re: Green Computing Tips

Your tips are so easy to do but has a big impact when it comes to our environment. Thanks for sharing.

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!