Does this site hate the Firefox browser?

6 Posts
Sep 30, 2007 10:02 pm
Does this site hate the Firefox browser?

I just had a very interesting experience.  I inititally came to this site using Firefox on my Linux computer.  When I tried to create an account I got the following page:

http://store.altenergystore.com/cookie_usage/

For the record, cookies ARE enabled.  So I went to my Windows computer, again with Firefox.  Same page.  I then went into the settings and told Firefox to act more like IE.  Lo and behold, I am able to sign up.  I then went BACK to the Linux computer, where I am now, and obviously I now have the ability to post on a computer that your site complained about before.  How's that for gits and shiggles?

Of course, one has to wonder about the value of a website that forces one to use Internet Exploder, even for a short time.  Microsoft is like DRM, everybody hates it, but nobody is willing to learn how to live without it.

109 Posts
Sep 30, 2007 10:08 pm
Re: Does this site hate the Firefox browser?

Hello Jason!

Actually, we do most of our development in the Firefox browser, Smiley  so I'm confused as to why you got that page/error.  Was it reproducable on your end? 

Thanks for taking the time to let us know!
  -Nick

AltE
"Making Renewable Do-able"
http://www.altEstore.com/

6 Posts
Sep 30, 2007 10:22 pm
Re: Does this site hate the Firefox browser?

That does make it a very odd error.  I had it happen in both Linux Firefox and Windows Firefox.

And now it's gone away.  Very, VERY odd.  I even made sure it had the Firefox icon in the corner, so it wasn't imitating  IE when I tried it.

No telling what was going on when I first tried to log on.

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!